Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fresh Salsa

This stuff is truly amazing!! This is my Aunts recipe, and it is a winner! It is so simple and fresh.


Fresh Salsa
28 oz can whole tomato (If using fresh, just eyeball it, and get it to the texture and flavor you want)
1 jalapeno (I usually use one jalapeno, plus a couple of other peppers like banana peppers, or Hungarian pepper)
1 clove garlic
1 t. salt
1/3-1/2 bunch cilantro
Medium onion (I use yellow)

Remove stem from jalapeno, boil for 1-2 minutes. Put in blender with garlic, salt and juice from the tomatoes. Pulse a few times
Rinse cilantro and pull off stems. Add cilantro and tomato to blender; pulse.
Chop onion and add to blender; pulse until you get the consistency you want.

*I have also added a couple of tomatillos to the salsa before. It adds an extra flavor to it that is also very yummy. I just quarter them, then broil them for a few minutes before adding them to the blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment