Wednesday, September 8, 2010

German Pancakes

I love breakfast foods. I especially love making breakfast foods for dinner, because seriously, who wants to spend time cooking first thing in the morning. I am soo not a morning person, I'm barely awake enough to pour my boys a bowl of cereal. So we often do breakfast for dinner, and we all love it.

GERMAN PANCAKES
1 c. milk
1 c. flour
6 eggs
1/4 tsp. salt
3Tbs. butter

Place butter in a 9x13" Pyrex dish. Place int he oven at 425 until melted. In the mean time, mix and beat all other ingredients. Pour into sizzling hot dish with the melted butter. Be sure your pan is a Pyrex, as anything else will crack with the heat. Bake for 20-25 min. Serve with lemon and powdered sugar, syrup, or jelly.

This time we ate it with the lemon and powdered sugar and the boys all loved it! I think it is a nice change from regular pancakes and syrup.

This is what it looks like in the pan. The boys had fun watching it while it baked.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how we LOVE these! Brock grew up on them, and his family always called them "Hootanany Pancakes." So now the name has stuck for us! :)

    ReplyDelete